Oxford has unique breadth and depth in its research capabilities and it is keen to work collaboratively with businesses and other organisations to deploy this to the benefit of all involved as well as to wider society.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock
Across the University, numerous interactions and collaborations exist between companies and researchers. Broadly, these interactions can take the following forms:
- Consultancy This can be for weeks or months, and is sometimes open ended.
- Collaborative research projects This can be for months or years, either drawing on a specific research strength, but increasingly benefiting from Oxford’s particular ability to assemble research teams from a wide range of discipline areas to address real world problems.
- Funded research projects such as professorships.
- Strategic alliances and company-sponsored technology centres These are potentially open ended.
- Open access industrial research collaborations These are potentially open ended.