Explainable AI for Healthcare – Enabling a Revolution (webinar and panel discussion)
Business and Industry Computer science Medical science
Wednesday, 15 July 2020, 10am to 11.30am
Claudio Gienal, Chief Executive Officer of AXA UK & Ireland, and Prof Michael Wooldridge, Head of Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford have the pleasure to invite you to an online webinar to celebrate and discuss the new AXA Chair supported by the AXA Research Fund.
“Explainable AI for Healthcare – Enabling a Revolution”: Prof Thomas Lukasiewicz, AXA Chair
10:00 - Opening remarks by Claudio Gienal and Prof Michael Wooldridge
10:10 - Presentation by Prof Thomas Lukasiewicz
10:30 - Panel discussion moderated by Jane Wakefield, BBC journalist, involving:
- Claudio Gienal, CEO of AXA UK & Ireland
- Stephen Metcalfe, Member of Parliament, Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Artificial Intelligence
- Prof Thomas Lukasiewicz, Head of Intelligent Systems Laboratory, University of Oxford
- Prof Blanca Rodriguez, Head of Computational Biology and Health Informatics, University of Oxford
- Dr Alexander Finlayson, Academic Clinical Fellow, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Co-founder & CEO at Nye
- Elan Raja, Founder and CEO of Scan Computers
11:10 - Q&A
11:25 - Closing remarks by Jane Wakefield
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to dramatically change major industries in the near future. However, well-known limitations and drawbacks, including interpretability, explainability, biases and robustness still hamper the full realization of AI potential, especially in sensitive fields like healthcare. The AXA Chair in Explainable Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare at the University of Oxford, held by Prof Thomas Lukasiewicz, aims to develop a new generation of AI technologies called neural-symbolic cognitive systems, tailored to the specific requirements of healthcare. The overall objective is to substantially reduce the costs of healthcare, improve its availability, and reduce mortality and morbidity. A crucial aspect of the technologies to be developed will be the ability to explain the generated outputs.
Register on Eventbrite
The registration is open until 13th July 2020. You will receive an invitation to block your calendar.
The webinar will be hosted with BlueJeans, cloud-based video-conferencing. The link will be shared with you a few days ahead of the webinar.
We look forward to welcoming you to the conversation about explainable AI for healthcare.