Oxford University launches Creative Destruction Lab
- The Creative Destruction Lab is an initiative created at the University of Toronto, creating a mentorship programme for early-stage science-based companies.
- The programme brings together very experienced entrepreneurs, research scientists and MBA students to mentor companies from across the UK, in a nine-month programme.
- The first sessions are due to take place in November 2019 and will be initially focused on companies in Artificial Intelligence, with further themes to be introduced in subsequent years.
- The programme will help the University engage with world-class entrepreneurs and leading innovators.
- CDL-Oxford will be hosted at the Said Business School under Professor Thomas Hellmann and is brought to Oxford as a collaborative effort with the MPLS Division to help support culture change and impact within the sciences at Oxford.
- It is currently operating in six Universities in North America and Oxford will be the first European-site of the programme.
- Patrick Pichette (Rhodes Scholar and former Google CFO) will be participating in the programme.
For further information please contact Dr Thomas Hellman, Said Business School or Dr James Semple, Industry Research Partnerships team.