Bodleian Libraries news for MPLS - February 2022
Open Access news
Oxford Festival of Open Scholarship: Learn, Debate, Innovate
What in the world is going on with open access and open research? Come along and hear from an array of exciting national and international speakers - and find out!
The inaugural Oxford Festival of Open Scholarship (OxFOS) is a reimagining of Oxford Open Access Week. Organised by the Bodleian Libraries, for Oxford staff and students, OxFOS will cover a range of topical issues, including:
- the very latest updates on funder policy including Wellcome, ERC/EC, and UKRI
- the tricky problem of open monographs
- sustainable publishing infrastructures
- defending the rights of authors
OxFOS is online and takes place over two weeks: 8-9th week, Hilary Term (7-18 March). Sessions range between half hour talks and two-hour workshops. This is an opportunity to explore and debate issues, and jointly look for solutions.
Visit the OxFOS webpage for schedule information and to book sessions. We hope to interest and inspire you!
- Plan S, UKRI and Wellcome policies, and beyond: The past, present and future of open research funding (panel chaired by Professor Patrick Grant) – Wednesday 9 March, 12-1pm
- Is the future an open book? A workshop and debate on open access monographs, chaired by Professor Chris Wickham, featuring COPIM, OUP, MIT Press, RHS and more – Tuesday 15 March, 3-5pm
- Open infrastructures and sustainability: a workshop featuring Octopus, CORE, Invest in Open, Datacite, and more – Thursday 17 March, 2-3.30pm
- Rights retention for open research – Wednesday 16 March, 2-3pm
Information on staying safe in Bodleian Libraries spaces, and up to date information on services, resources, and support available to help you carry on with your work.
Since March 2020, we've significantly increased ejournal provision for researchers across MSD and MPLS. We have a new blog post online with details of the major titles we've acquired that you can access online from Oxford and worldwide.
Bodleian Libraries Reader Survey 2022
The Bodleian Libraries Reader Survey is still open until 19 February, and we’re keen to hear from all staff and students in MPLS Departments so we can improve our services and better meet your needs.
The survey is not just intended for those who visit the Bodleian Libraries in person. It’s aimed at all readers, including those who only use online collections and services (such as SOLO, e-journals and BrowZine, ebooks, online reading lists, Scan and Deliver, iSkills workshops, Live Chat or remote interactions with library staff via email) as well as those who may also have used any of our physical libraries.
The survey takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. All responses are confidential, and participants can choose to enter the prize draw for a chance to win one of ten £50 Amazon or Blackwell’s vouchers.