Funding - Royal Society of Chemistry small and large outreach grants - deadline 10 Sept
1 June 2018
Public Engagement - funding
The Royal Society of Chemistry's (RSC) Outreach Fund provides financial support to members, individuals and organisations in order to enable them to run chemistry-based public and schools engagement activities.
Through the fund they aim to support projects that:
- maximise our members' outreach and engagement contribution
- offer teachers a range of effective curriculum-enriching activities and opportunities to further engage their students with outreach
- provide hard-to-reach student audiences with inspiring chemistry engagement opportunities, delivered or coordinated by skilled people
- increase chemistry and chemists' influence in public discourse and decision-making in line with the findings of the Public Attitudes to Chemistry research.
The Outreach Fund is split into two categories:
- Small grants - up to £2,000
- Large grants - between £2,000 and £10,000
This means that they can fund everything from a one-off event, all the way up to large programmes of activity.
What to read next
This year the MPLS Division are supporting the British Science Association to identify a researcher who works in an EPSRC-related area at the University to receive a sought after Media Fellowship, which provides a unique opportunity for practising scientists, clinicians and engineers to spend two to six weeks working at the heart of a media outlet.