Public Engagement Grants of up to £5000 are available to both Member and non-Members of The Society to promote the discussion of physiology with public audiences.
Collaborative applications are encouraged, including those between expert science communicators, facilitators of public engagement, artists, musicians, thespians and their Members.
The grant scheme aims to:
- Inspire creative public engagement with physiology
- Stimulate physiologists to share their stories, passion and expertise in innovative ways with wider audiences, particularly those that are traditionally hard to reach
- Increase dialogue between researchers and the public, in particular on topics such as the relevance of research to health, medicine and performance.
- Produce materials and resources which can be used for further public engagement and outreach work.
- Deliver a better understanding of physiology to lay audiences.
- Consider longevity and legacy.
- Consider impact on both audiences and researchers.
Applications can be submitted all year round, with two funding rounds. The deadline for the scheme is 11.59pm on June 14. Reviews can take up to 6 weeks. The next round is expected to have a deadline in January.
For full deadlines and to apply visit their website.
What to read next
Call for role models: help inspire young people and raise the visibility of Oxford's Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic researchers - deadline 9 May
MPLS' new Beyond Boundaries project is a science-inspired art competition for secondary school students aimed at increasing the visibility of Oxford’s Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) scientists and mathematicians, bridging the perceived divide between science and art, and further connecting schools and local communities with the University.
The Royal Society of Biology are inviting applications to their Outreach and Engagement Awards, that aims to reward bioscience researchers' outreach work carried out to inform, enthuse and engage the public. There are categories for both established and new researchers, both with a cash prize.