Oxford at New Scientist Live 2019
5 September 2018
Public Engagement - news
New Scientist Live will be returning this year, taking over ExCeL London with five zones dedicated to everything science, technology, engineering and maths.
There's a range of exhibitors and over 110 speakers - here's everyone from the University of Oxford that features in the programme:
- Prof Ingmar Posner (Engineering) - How robots really think
- Prof Chris Lintott (Physics) - I want to believe: an astronomer's view of aliens
- Tamsin Mather (Earth Sciences) - Volcanoes: friend or foe?
- Tara Garnett (Oxford Martin School) - How our food connects us with the planet (and Speakeasy)
- Anna Machin (Experimental Psychology) - Tech and the essential Human
- Tom Crawford (Maths) - Maths, but not as you know it
Find out more at their website: https://live.newscientist.com/
What to read next
23 January 2019
Cheltenham Science Festival is a six day programme of talks, hands-on activities and workshops. There's still a chance to get involved by taking along hands-on activities/stalls.
3 September 2018
Would you like to reach new audiences with your research this year? The National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement are hosting a practical masterclass with the help of experienced journalists. For researchers and public engagement professionals.