Developing school-university partnerships: pitfalls and possibilities, June 5, Bristol
2 April 2019
Public Engagement - training
This one day course supports participants to develop school-university partnerships that inspire students by bringing cutting edge research into the classroom. Using the NCCPE’s Perspective on Partnerships tool, the perspectives of all those involved in partnership – researchers, brokers, teachers and school students, will be explored. Drawing on learning and experience from the School University Partnership Initiative (SUPI), the course will foster new understandings of how to define the scope of new projects, ensure clarity and avoid unmet expectations, as well as renewing and rejuvenating existing partnerships.
Cost: £75 per person (£45 for PEP Network members)
Participants would gain an understanding of:
- The need to consider 4 perspectives in developing school-university partnerships and how these might differ including key insights into the needs and interests of the partners
- The range of opportunities for partnerships, ranging from spontaneous to long term
- Practical approaches to school-university partnerships development and tools to support this
- Activities to support partnerships
- Benefits and challenges in SUPs
What to read next
25 February 2019
This course will empower researchers to develop a personalised and proactive public engagement plan. It will take place on the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge. Deadline to apply is 16 April.
8 March 2019
in2scienceUK creates opportunities for year 12 students from low-income backgrounds to progress to science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) degrees and careers, so they can achieve their potential to become the next generation of innovators and pioneers. They are now looking for hosts, so sign up now.
29 March 2019
The popular science engagement activity that takes place entirely online is open for applications for their 10-21 June event.