Funding - Physiological Society Public Engagement Grants - deadline 14 Jan 2018
6 November 2017
Public Engagement - funding
Public Engagement Grants of up to £5000 are available to both Member and non-Members of The Society to promote the discussion of physiology with public audiences.
Collaborative applications are encouraged, including those between expert science communicators, facilitators of public engagement, artists, musicians, thespians and their Members.
The grant scheme aims to:
- Inspire creative public engagement with physiology
- Stimulate physiologists to share their stories, passion and expertise in innovative ways with wider audiences, particularly those that are traditionally hard to reach
- Increase dialogue between researchers and the public, in particular on topics such as the relevance of research to health, medicine and performance.
- Produce materials and resources which can be used for further public engagement and outreach work.
- Deliver a better understanding of physiology to lay audiences.
- Consider longevity and legacy.
- Consider impact on both audiences and researchers.
Applications can be submitted all year round, with two funding rounds. The deadlines for the scheme are January 14 and June 14. Reviews can take up to 6 weeks.
For full deadlines and to apply visit their website.
What to read next
11 August 2017
Public Engagement - funding Public Engagement - opportunity
We're offering one research group the chance to make an animation with us for free.