Funding - Physiology Friday and Biology Week Outreach Grants - deadline unknown
30 August 2017
Public Engagement - funding
Physiology Friday (13 Oct) will be taking place during Biology week (7-15 Oct) - a celebration of everything biosciences, coordinated by the Royal Society of Biology.
The grants aim to
- Ignite curiosity in young audiences and old audiences about the physiology of humans and animals.
- Stimulate physiologists to share their stories, passion and expertise in innovative ways with wider audiences, particularly those that are traditionally hard to reach
- Increase dialogue between researchers and the public, in particular on topics such as the animal research and the relevance of research on health, medicine and performance.
- Support primary, secondary, and tertiary teaching through linking schools with academics experts
Grants can provide funding for
- Resources e.g. printed material, demonstration kit
- Speaker and demonstrator expenses e.g. travel and accommodation
- Marketing material
Grants cannot provide funding for
- Food and drinks receptions
Full information and to apply online: http://www.physoc.org/physiology-friday-and-biology-week-outreach-grants
You might also be interested in Public Engagement Grants from the Physiological Society (up to £5,000 for members and non-members, next deadline Jan 14 2018): http://www.physoc.org/public-engagement-grants
What to read next
Public Engagement Grant to support organisation and delivery of outreach activities, aimed at school children and/or the general public.
BES actively encourage their members to promote ecological science to a wide audience and offer grants of up to £2,000.