Funding - Royal Society of Chemistry small outreach grants - deadline 15 Jan
10 November 2017
Public Engagement - funding
The Royal Society of Chemistry's (RSC) Outreach Fund provides financial support to members, individuals and organisations in order to enable them to run chemistry-based public and schools engagement activities.
Through the fund they aim to support projects that:
- maximise our members' outreach and engagement contribution
- offer teachers a range of effective curriculum-enriching activities and opportunities to further engage their students with outreach
- provide hard-to-reach student audiences with inspiring chemistry engagement opportunities, delivered or coordinated by skilled people
- increase chemistry and chemists' influence in public discourse and decision-making in line with the findings of the Public Attitude to Chemistry research.
The Outreach Fund is split into two categories:
- Small grants - up to £2,000
- Large grants - between £2,000 and £10,000 - open in Jan 2018
This means that they can fund everything from a one-off event, all the way up to large programmes of activity.
What to read next
Times Higher Education report on the latest news from HEFCE on the next Research Excellence Framework (REF), due in 2021.
The MPLS Impact Awards are now open for nominations and for the first time include a specific category for Pubilc Engagement with Research.