Funding - Royal Society of Chemistry small outreach grants - deadline 15 Jan
10 November 2017
Public Engagement - funding
The Royal Society of Chemistry's (RSC) Outreach Fund provides financial support to members, individuals and organisations in order to enable them to run chemistry-based public and schools engagement activities.
Through the fund they aim to support projects that:
- maximise our members' outreach and engagement contribution
- offer teachers a range of effective curriculum-enriching activities and opportunities to further engage their students with outreach
- provide hard-to-reach student audiences with inspiring chemistry engagement opportunities, delivered or coordinated by skilled people
- increase chemistry and chemists' influence in public discourse and decision-making in line with the findings of the Public Attitude to Chemistry research.
The Outreach Fund is split into two categories:
- Small grants - up to £2,000
- Large grants - between £2,000 and £10,000 - open in Jan 2018
This means that they can fund everything from a one-off event, all the way up to large programmes of activity.
What to read next
7 November 2017
Public Engagement - awards
The MPLS Impact Awards are now open for nominations and for the first time include a specific category for Pubilc Engagement with Research.