Funding - Wellcome Research Enrichment, deadline 21 Jan 2019
28 September 2018
Public Engagement - funding
"Public engagement activities – where researchers share their ideas with the public and in return get new perspectives on their research – can inspire learning, enhance research and help to improve health."
This funding, previously known as the Provision for Public Engagement, helps Wellcome grantholders engage the public with their research.
Up to £250,000 or 5% of the funding under your research grant is available.
Wellcome will review:
- the vision for your programme of activities, including aims and target audiences
- the creative ways you’ll reach and involve your non-specialist audience over the lifetime of your research project, beyond a single one-off event
- how you’ll monitor and evaluate your programme of activities, including success
- the people you'll work with and how they'll support what you do.
Wellcome want their researchers to:
- develop their public engagement skills
- put their ideas into action
- have access to training in how to communicate and engage with the public
- make lasting partnerships with community and cultural organisations.
If you would like any advice or guidance, please get in touch.
What to read next
3 September 2018
The Public Engagement with Research (PER) Seed Fund is part of the University’s strategic plans to improve institutional support for Public Engagement with Research by providing financial support (£2,000-4,000) for researchers to develop, deliver and evaluate Public Engagement with Research projects and activities.
Oxford Sparks are offering the opportunity for one lucky research group to turn their research into a high-quality, engaging animation - for free!