Microbiology Society - Education and Outreach Grants, deadline 8 April
6 January 2020
Public Engagement - funding
Grants of up to £1,000 are available to support relevant science teaching or promotion initiatives, or to support developments likely to lead to an improvement in the teaching of any aspect of microbiology.
This scheme is open to all levels of membership of the Society.
Up to £1,000 will be awarded to contribute to the expenses of the proposed activity. Activities as part of organisation open days or UCAS days will not be eligible for funding.
Applications are reviewed against the following criteria:
- The project is relevant to microbiology
- The project has clear aims that are realistically achievable in the proposed time frame
- The activity is clearly described and technically feasible
- The project is innovative and/or timely
- There is clear benefit to the target audience
- The applicant, and any support staff, has the required expertise to support the project through to successful completion
- The evaluation methods are adequately described and appropriate
- The project has sustainability
- Full and reasonable costings are given
What to read next
2 January 2020
NERC is offering an opportunity for researchers to run public engagement activities as part of their annual showcase 2020. The showcase will take place at Techniquest Science Centre in Cardiff in July 2020.
6 January 2020
ATOM is a growing and very family-friendly science festival located in the 'Science Vale'. There are opportunities to take part in the 'Science Market' on 14 March and the Family Science Fair at the Abingdon School on 22 March.
8 January 2020
3 Minutes, 1 Slide…..Your Thesis! The 3 Minute Thesis competition challenges doctoral candidates to present a compelling spoken presentation on their research topic and its significance in just three minutes to a non-specialist audience.