Paleontological Society Outreach and Education Grants, deadline 2 March 2022
31 January 2022
Public Engagement - funding
The Paleontological Society offers up to $2,500 to support its members to undertake programmes and activities involving educational outreach and community engagement.
he Paleontological Society invites applications for its outreach and education grant. This supports members in engaging with programmes and activities involving educational outreach and community engagement. Eligible activities may include:
- field trip to fossil sites or museums for teachers and pre-college students;
- educator training and curriculum development;
- participation in local community initiatives;
- development of educational materials for classroom use;
- website or other online material development.
Activities may fall within any subdiscipline of palaeontology or palaeobiology.
The following types of project are particularly encouraged:
- those that include opportunities for undergraduate students to become involved in palaeontological outreach to younger students or the public;
- those that create new educational apps or other technologies;
- those that produce educational materials that could be distributed more widely.
Applicants must be members of the society at the time of application. Graduate student applicants should provide evidence that a professional member is willing to serve as advisor for the project.
Grants are worth up to US$2,500 each.
Deadline is 2 March 2022.
What to read next
25 October 2021
The presentation portion of this workshop, delivered by the PER team in research services, is now available to watch.
7 January 2022
In 2022 Festival of Nature is pulling together a full programme of collaborative in-person, digital and hybrid events across the Bristol and Bath region, and love to hear from you if you are involved in reaching audiences with environmental content.
26 September 2022
Royal Society of Chemistry offers up to £10,000 to enable members, individuals and organisations to run chemistry-based public and schools engagement activities. The scheme has a monthly deadline. Presently they are particularly interested in projects themed on 'sustainability'.