Physiological Society Large Outreach Grants, deadline 31 Jan 2020
29 October 2019
Public Engagement - funding
The Physiological Society is offering up to £20,000 to support increasing the understanding and awareness of physiology.
Members and non-Members can apply and collaborations including those between expert science communicators, facilitators of public engagement, artists, musicians, thespians and their Members are encouraged.
They also offer up to £500 once a month through ad hoc applications throughout the year.
Funding could be used:
- To increase understanding and awareness of physiology amongst the non-expert public
- To increase awareness of the opportunities available to those who pursue physiology in their education
- To increase engagement with physiology research
- To support an outreach activity on Physiology Friday
- How well does the project fulfil the aim specified on the application? Does the project have a clear and adequate evaluation plan? ( Out of 5)
- How feasible is the project? This should take into consideration planning, timelines, budgets and execution. (Out of 5)
- What is the impact of the project on physiologists? Will the outcomes of this work inform confidence in public engagement, research or physiology more generally? (Out of 5)
- What is the impact of the project on the audience? (Out of 5)
- Is a resource/ publication being produced as a result of this project? Will the resource be useful to other Society members or can it be used by The Society to reach a wider audience? (Out of 3)
What to read next
Next year's British Science Festival is being hosted by Anglia Ruskin University, 8-12 September 2020, and is inviting proposals aimed at non-specialist adults (16+) with a broad interest in science.
29 October 2019
For the 50th Anniversary, there will be a new science area in the Green Futures field, and the organisers are welcoming applications for exciting interactive science stalls.