Public Engagement with Research Conference
Thursday, 5th July 2018
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Woodstock Road, Oxford
This one-day event will be an opportunity to be inspired, to learn, to be challenged and keep up to date with the cutting-edge of Public Engagement with Research (PER) practice and policy. There will be 20 sessions with a mixture of internal and external speakers and workshop leaders.
This conference is for University of Oxford academics, researchers, research students and support staff across all disciplines that are either new to or experienced in Public Engagement with Research. External guests are by invitation only.
- ‘Public engagement embedded as part of research culture and practice: potential reality or pipe dream?’
- Sing-song research – an introduction to writing engaging content for public audiences
- ‘Science Capital as a tool for designing schools engagement events’
- ‘Consulting and collaborating: the public’s perspective’
- ‘Navigating the UK’s evolving research funding landscape - a Public Engagement perspective’: Dr Jenni Chambers, Head of Public Engagement Programmes, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and Dr Steven Hill, Director of Research Policy, Research England.
What to read next
Call for role models: help inspire young people and raise the visibility of Oxford's Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic researchers - deadline 9 May
MPLS' new Beyond Boundaries project is a science-inspired art competition for secondary school students aimed at increasing the visibility of Oxford’s Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) scientists and mathematicians, bridging the perceived divide between science and art, and further connecting schools and local communities with the University.
A new series of talks at the Oxford Martin School in conjunction with with The Oxford Institute of Population, featuring a number of topics around science engagement, through media, policy making and gaining trust, which will be of interest for anyone interested in exploring science engagement. Videos of each talk will be added here after each event.