Royal College of Pathologists Public Engagement Innovation Grants, deadline 1 June 2021
10 May 2021
Public Engagement - funding
This scheme supports individuals or organisations delivering pathology-related public engagement activities or events. Grants are worth up to £1,000 each.
The Public Engagement Innovation Grant Scheme provides financial support for the delivery of pathology-related activities and events in the UK. Grants of up to £1,000 are available for individuals or organisations who wish to develop pathology-related public engagement activities or events.
The Innovation Grant Scheme aims to:
- inspire innovative and creative pathology related public engagement projects and activities
- raise public awareness of, and engagement with, pathology, in particular with those who would not normally engage with the topic
- develop the science communication skills of pathologists and laboratory scientists
- stimulate discussion about pathology between pathologists and the public in order to motivate, inspire and enthuse both parties about the value of pathology and its role in prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
To be eligible, proposed events and activities should:
- include the involvement of pathologists and/or laboratory scientists as a key part of the activity (although to apply, you do not have to be a College member yourself).
- be pathology-based and explore underlying concepts and issues, rather than just providing information.
Deadline for applications is 1 June 2021
All activities/projects must be completed by 1 July 2022.
The website has information about previously funded projects - excellent to look at for inspiration and get a feel for what the College are looking for.
What to read next
27 April 2021
The University of the West of England's Bristol's Science Communication (SCU) Masterclass is an intensive, short course (four days) created to provide professional development in science communication.
30 March 2021
The Departmental PER Seed Fund is an internal grant scheme offering £1,500 to £4,000 to support building capacity for Public Engagement with Research (PER) at the departmental level.
25 October 2021
Royal Society of Chemistry offers small (up to £5,000) with a monthly deadline and large (up to £10,000) grants, with 6 deadline, to enable members, individuals and organisations to run chemistry-based public and schools engagement activities.