Royal Society of Chemistry Outreach Grants, deadline 1 March 2021
1 February 2021
Public Engagement - funding
Royal Society of Chemistry offers small (up to £5,000) and large (up to £10,000) grants to enable members, individuals and organisations to run chemistry-based public and schools engagement activities.
The Royal Society of Chemistry invites applications for its outreach fund.
These enable members, individuals and organisations to run chemistry-based public and schools engagement activities.
The trust supports projects that:
- maximise members' outreach and engagement contribution;
- offer teachers a range of effective curriculum-enriching activities and opportunities to further engage their students with outreach;
- provide hard-to-reach student audiences with inspiring chemistry engagement opportunities, delivered or coordinated by skilled people;
- increase chemistry and chemists' influence in public discourse and decision-making.
Applicants may include society members, member-led groups, researchers in academia or industry, museums, community groups, non-profit organisations, arts groups and libraries. They should seek to engage with members and member groups. All activity must take place within the UK or Republic of Ireland.
The grants are split into two categories:
- Small grants: up to £5,000
- Large grants: between £5,001 and £10,000.
What to read next
Swindon Science Festival Engagement Opportunities & Grants for environmental researchers, deadline 3 Feb
NERC are offering environmental science researchers the opportunity to take part in public engagement activities as part of UKRI’s partnership with Swindon Science Festival 2021 Festival of Tomorrow, taking place digitally throughout February.
13 January 2021
The Royal Society's prestigious annual awards and medals are now open for nominations. Awards require a nominator.
7 January 2021
The British Ecological Society offer grants up to £2,000 to encourage and support their members to promote ecological science to wider audience.