Webinar: A Recipe for Evaluating Online Citizen Science, 8 June
6 May 2020
Public Engagement - training
8 June 2020
online via Zoom
This workshop will provide specific guidance on evaluating an online citizen science project to gather evidence of outcomes and impact and how to improve activities. The PER Team, Research Services, will take you step-by-step of how we planned and conducted an actual evaluation of the Planet Hunters citizen science project from The Zooniverse, that will enable you to adapt the methodology for your own citizen science project.
Join us to:
- Learn the key steps involved in planning an effective evaluation
- Find out how you could adapt the methodology and tools for your own citizen science project
- Explore real worked examples from the Planet Hunters evaluation
- Hear from guest speaker, Dr Grant Miller (Project Manager on The Zooniverse) on the benefits and learning gained from this evaluation
- Receive a digital copy of the new case study, Recipe for Evaluation: Online Citizen Science
This webinar is for researchers and engagement facilitators who are delivering online citizen science projects and would like to evaluate their activities.
To book your place on the webinar, please complete this registration form by the 2 June.
What to read next
27 April 2020
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) invites proposals for its COVID-19 public engagement gran whicht is providing up to £10,000 to support public engagement with environmental science that understands, addresses or mitigates the impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
28 April 2020
Enriching Engagement is a pilot Wellcome-funded grants programme open to Wellcome grant holders and awardees at the University of Oxford, to develop and deliver Public Engagement with Research projects, offering £10-40k or £50-100k worth of funding.
27 April 2020
IF Oxford is a science and ideas festival that explores innovative ideas and creative research in and around Oxford, welcoming thousands of visitors to events in dozens of venues across the city.