Other outreach events and activities
This includes the Oxford and Cambridge Student Conferences, Oxford Pathways Programme and Regional Teachers’ Conferences across the UK.
- Oxford and Cambridge Student Conferences (years 12 and 13): provide up-to-date information on the application and admissions procedure at both institutions, across all subject areas, as well as providing an insight into student life. The events are aimed at students who have already completed their GCSE/Standard Grade (or Intermediate 2) examinations and are now undertaking further study. The conferences take place in March each year at various locations around the UK.
- Oxford Pathways Programme (years 10 - 13). The programme aims to provide information, advice and guidance on higher education and Oxford to academically able students, and staff members, in non-selective state schools with little history of student progression to Oxford.
- Regional Teachers Conferences: The University organises several Regional Teachers’ Conferences across the UK in June and July each year. The aims of the conferences are to equip teachers with the best possible advice for their students on applying to Oxford and to break down any misconceptions that might deter students from applying to the University.
- Science Oxford: an educational charity with a vibrant schools programme and schedule of public events to encourage the pursuit of science.
- Inside Diamond Public Open Days: An opportunity to see the inside of the Diamond Synchrotron and to learn about the science that takes place there.