Finish your DPhil
This course addresses the special challenges final-year research students face. As deadlines approach, researchers must gain / retain control, and understand priorities if they are to meet them successfully.
- Time planning for completion of the thesis
- Planning for the viva exam
- Dealing with interruptions to the finishing process (job interviews etc.)
- Breaking through work blocks
- Managing resources and contingency planning
- Working effectively with your supervisors
- Constructing a time-line with official milestones and deadlines
Testimonials from Past Participants
- This course gave me a good understanding of what is expected from DPhil students and how to plan the completion of my thesis.
- The course will help me to plan the final stage of my DPhil, i.e. writing up, submission, Viva. In particular, I have a better idea what to expect from the Viva.
Third and fourth year graduate research students.
Number of Places
Dr. Louise Baron
Wednesday 17th February 2016 - 9:30AM - 1:00PM
Centenary Room, Careers Service
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff. See the the following for more details:
The Researcher Training Tool (click on Researcher Development)
Vitae (Vitae is a national organisation dedicated to realising the potential of researchers through supporting their professional and career development.)
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.