Navigator Development Programme for Men
Navigator is a personal and professional development programme for men, designed to help you take control and make good decisions in life and work. If you are looking for change, this is an opportunity for you to take ownership and shape the change you want. You can expect to:
- Assess your skills and competencies
- Explore what is important for you in your life and work, make decisions and take action
- Set goals and plan the future direction of your life and career
- Build confidence and resilience
- Make connections and build communitieis
- Develop skills to build productive relationships, develop your profile and progress your career
Navigator runs over four full day workshops and is supported by a workbook, private reflection and group work.
In addition to these two programmes the division and the University provide a range of open personal and professional development provision. Please see details in the divisional course programme, from other training providers in the University, and details on the Training and Support from University Services page.
Testimonials from Past Participants
- I think that one of the big messages I took from the course, due in part to the speakers, was that taking responsibility yourself for career decisions is really the only choice.
- It’s been a good eye-opener for me and has resulted in my experimenting with different approaches to work and decision making.
- I have already achieved a healthier work/life balance and I have begun to develop a strategy to fulfil my long-term goals.
- I have learned to work on my interpersonal skills and to recognize both positive and not so positive aspects of those skills and ways to deal with it.
- All the transferable skills we have worked on in the course are of great value for successful career development.
Male graduate research students in their second year and above, and postdoctoral researchers and contract research staff.
Number of Places
Richard Lamb, Licensed Navigator Trainer
This programme will take place next during Trinity Term 2017-18. Details will be published here as soon as they are available.
Oxford Brookes University also provide the Navigator programme and will be running it during the autumn and winter of 2017-18; they are offering places to researchers from the University of Oxford at a cost of £150. If you are interested in taking up a place on this iteration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
B1, B2, B3, D1
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff. See the the following for more details:
The Researcher Development Framework page
The Researcher Training Tool (click on Researcher Development)
Vitae (Vitae is a national organisation dedicated to realising the potential of researchers through supporting their professional and career development.)
Please email email@example.com with queries.
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.