Poster Design and Presentation
This participative workshop will give you the opportunity to understand how to select one aspect of your research to interest and stimulate a given target audience and conference theme.
The workshop will include:
- Understanding what posters can (and cannot!) do and what their objective should be
- Understanding the viewers they wish to interest
- Planning the content of a poster
- Elements of good graphic design
- Understanding the role of the presenter, and how to carry this out effectively
- Practising mocking up a poster in a small group
When the course is not running, the following website includes hints and tips for poster design:
- Poster Design - Tips and Techniques (Colorado State University)
DPhil students and research staff
Number of Places
Tuesday 20th February 2018, 9.30 - 13.00
Tuesday 22nd May 2018, 13.30 - 17.00
A1, A2, A3, B3, D2
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff. See the the following for more details:
The Researcher Development Framework page
The Researcher Training Tool (click on Researcher Development)
Vitae (Vitae is a national organisation dedicated to realising the potential of researchers through supporting their professional and career development.)
Please book your place through the Researcher Training Tool using this link.
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.