Scientific Writing: Core Skills
This one day course provides a sound grounding in the core skills needed to produce accurate and effective scientific writing.
The course will include:
- Critique of readability in relevant papers
- Use of tenses in academic papers
- Writing with impact, concise writing
- Grammar and proof reading
- Scientific table and chart critique
Previous participants have said:
- ‘It was a great resource to improve on my writing skills overall. The exercises were good and broke up the day to shift our concentration.’
- ‘I found the exercises fun and really useful as they helped to take in what we were learning.’
- ‘Dr John Dixon was very professional, clear and allowed the students to give their input.’
All DPhil students and postdoctoral researchers
NB. This course is appropriate for both native and non-native speakers of English. However, if you are a non-native speaker you will need a good general standard of English to benefit from the course.
Number of places
Dr John Dixon
TBC for the academic year 2017-18
A1, B3, D2
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff. See the the following for more details:
The Researcher Development Framework page
The Researcher Training Tool (click on Researcher Development)
Vitae (Vitae is a national organisation dedicated to realising the potential of researchers through supporting their professional and career development.)
Please contact email@example.com
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.