Poster Design and Presentation
This participative workshop will give you the opportunity to understand how to select one aspect of your research to interest and stimulate a given target audience and conference theme.
This participative workshop will give you the opportunity to understand how to select one aspect of your research to interest and stimulate a given target audience and conference theme. The workshop will include:
- Understanding what posters can (and cannot!) do and what their objective should be
- Understanding the viewers they wish to interest
- Planning the content of a poster
- Elements of good graphic design
- Understanding the role of the presenter, and how to carry this out effectively
- Practising mocking up a poster in a small group
When the course is not running, we suggest the following two websites for hints and tips for poster design:
- Poster Design - Tips and Techniques (Colorado State University)
Graduate research students, Research staff
Number of Places
TBC for the 2015 - 16 academic year.
TBC for the 2015 - 16 academic yesr
A1, A2, A3, B3, D2
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff. See the the following for more details:
The Researcher Training Tool (click on Researcher Development)
Vitae (Vitae is a national organisation dedicated to realising the potential of researchers through supporting their professional and career development.)
Please contact email@example.com
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.