ILP Optional Masterclass in Leading Collaboration - Bringing people together to achieve the extraordinary: 23rd May 2023 (In person)
You have brilliant ideas for research collaboration that could have extraordinary outcomes. But how will you engage the people you are relying on? Collaborations can be rewarding or draining, depending on how well people connect. In this course we look at what neuroscience has taught us about how to collaborate. You will make sense of why some of your collaborations have felt great to be part of, while others have been a drag. You will diagnose problems with collaborations you are part of and find practical solutions for improving them. Leave with a clear model for improving all collaborations you lead.
1 day Masterclass with Kate Tapper, Bud Development.
To understand and apply an evidence-based model to make sense of your experiences of collaboration, diagnose problems within a collaboration and find improvements for the way people work together.
- Understand the social drivers that affect the way people behave in collaborations
- Identify what has contributed to your own experience of effective collaboration
- Identify clear actions that a leader can take to improve collaborations
Prework before live session – comprising:
- Welcome video explaining how this course will work and what to do before the live session in June
- Video explaining the SCARF model and how it applies to leading collaboration
- Journal questions to note reflections on the video content (we will draw on this in small group discussion)
- Original David Rock paper ‘A brain-based model for collaborating with and influencing others’ provided as optional reading
Live in person session Tuesday 23rd May 2023
- 10.00 – 12.15 Small group work and plenary sessions
- 12.15- 13.00 Lunch Break
- 13.00-13.45 Small group discussions and plenary
- 14.00-14.45 How to approach collaborations to enhance your career
- 14.45-15.00 Summary and take away actions
After the live session
- Optional journaling questions to reflect and apply learning
- Action learning/small group discussion to reflect on application of these ideas
Kate Tapper is a leadership and team coach working with international clients based in Europe and the United States. Kate’s background is in leadership development in higher education where she has directed numerous regional and national programmes in the United Kingdom. She has worked with individuals and teams and partnered with many universities to help academics achieve more in collaboration. Kate’s passion is supporting people to achieve more than they think is possible.
To book a place on Leading Collaboration contact Anne Miller.