ILP Optional Masterclass in Building a Thriving Research Culture - March 15th 2023
Combining openness, collaboration and innovation to thrive in research, in an uncertain world! A powerful one day workshop for researchers wanting to increase their impact and energy. Designed to help you positively influence your career and the research culture you operate in. Join us to explore the skills and mindsets needed to thrive in research in an uncertain landscape.
The way we work and interact with our peers and wider networks has a huge influence on research outputs and outcomes. Our day to day practices directly influence how we, and our colleagues, can thrive in research and create an impact. Join us for a participative workshop, using tools that equip you with the skills and mindsets to thrive in uncertain times.
Research intensive environments can be tough to navigate and, at times, we can feel overwhelmed, focused on the problems and powerless. This workshop is an antidote to that, aiming to provide you with core skills and approaches to help you thrive in research in Academia and beyond.
Join us for a focused day exploring the 3 development areas which will help you navigate uncertainty and increase your research impact.
- Explore the role of openness in research and how you can increase your visibility and voice by embracing open science and much more.
- Examine the role of collaboration and more specifically the ways you can leverage collaboration projects to increase your impact and increase your chance of getting funded for your dream research project.
- Explore the importance of embracing innovation and the associated traits and mindsets which will unleash your research potential.
During the workshop you will be able to share your lived experience with peers and help designing fit for purpose working environments by leading the way through embracing skills and mindsets to increase your research impact.
Explore the associated skills and mindsets to thrive, increase your impact on the wider research culture as well as share your lived experience with peers.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
1) Define the role/importance of core skills and mindsets to help you thrive in research (Academia and beyond): Openness, Collaboration/Networks, and Creativity/Innovation
2) Recognise the importance and influence of your own thinking styles (mindsets) and behaviours (knowledge, skills and more) to support an innovative research culture
3) Prioritise areas supporting your own personal development
4) Encourage best practice and share your experience with peers
The content of the workshop has been inspired from a co-creation endeavour with experienced and passionate researchers and researcher developers.
Facilitator Natacha Wilson, Director Cambridge Insights