Pitching for funding
The aim of this course is to prepare you to pitch for investment – for your research or your business venture.
Those with funding need to know about you and why they should place their investment in you and your venture. This may be a pitch for research funds, a pitch in an enterprise competition or a presentation asking for an R & D budget. It is a skill that is much needed for the next career step. This interactive course will use your research as a starting point but feel free to come with a business venture idea too.
This course will cover:
- The structure and elements of a pitch
- What different funders are looking for in a pitch
- Opening and closing your pitch
- Team pitching
- The use of props
- Making your message clear
By the end of this session students will have:
- Practised a variety of pitch elements
- Thought about the audience and meeting their needs
- Explored the structure and elements of a pitch
- Received feedback
PGR and Research Staff
number of places
Dr Emma Williams
DATE/TIME AND BOOKING INFORMATION
Information about the next scheduled course, and how to apply for a place, are in our course programme.
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff.