From Discovery to Impact - Innovation in Academia
Tuesday, 19 September 2017, 5pm to 8.30pm
Innovation Forum Oxford, in collaboration with the Medical Sciences Division, brings together Oxford academics with facilitators of innovation, industry collaboration, and commercialisation.
Target audience: Group Leaders, Postdocs and Clinicians
Speakers include Professor Angela Russell, Department of Chemistry and co-founder of OxSTEM Ltd.
This event aims to:
- Highlight opportunities to engage with industry
- Deliver practical knowledge on how to commercialise ideas within the university
- Learn how to seek funding (grants for innovation and investment opportunities), with representatives from Oxford Science Innovation (OSI) and the new initiative Lab282
- Be inspired by the experience of Prof Angela Russell (OxStem) and Prof Shoumo Bhattacharya, who are in the process of commercialising their discoveries alongside balancing successful academic careers
- Create a platform for interaction between scientists, clinicians, and industry partners to foster translational collaboration
For more information and to sign up, see http://oxford.inno-forum.org/event/from-discovery-to-impact-innovation-in-academia/