Innovation Forum Oxford, in collaboration with the Medical Sciences Division, brings together Oxford academics with facilitators of innovation, industry collaboration, and commercialisation.
Target audience: Group Leaders, Postdocs and Clinicians
Speakers include Professor Angela Russell, Department of Chemistry and co-founder of OxSTEM Ltd.
This event aims to:
- Highlight opportunities to engage with industry
- Deliver practical knowledge on how to commercialise ideas within the university
- Learn how to seek funding (grants for innovation and investment opportunities), with representatives from Oxford Science Innovation (OSI) and the new initiative Lab282
- Be inspired by the experience of Prof Angela Russell (OxStem) and Prof Shoumo Bhattacharya, who are in the process of commercialising their discoveries alongside balancing successful academic careers
- Create a platform for interaction between scientists, clinicians, and industry partners to foster translational collaboration
For more information and to sign up, see http://oxford.inno-forum.org/event/from-discovery-to-impact-innovation-in-academia/