Making it work: maintaining balance upon returning to work
Tuesday, 08 November 2016, 9.30am to 2pm
This is a new pilot workshop that is being offered across the University to parents/carers who are returning to work after a career break. This first workshop will be tailored for academics and researchers. The goal is to provide recent returners with the information, tools, support, and networks they need to ensure a successful and smooth return to work. While all are welcome, the material will be aimed at parents/carers who have had a career break of at least 3 months, and who have recently returned to work within the last 6 months.
Over the half-day workshop, you will:
- Learn about relevant HR policies and practices, and have your questions answered by an HR team member;
- Get an overview of the core skills needed to communicate with confidence and practise some of those skills in a supportive environment;
- Hear from a panel of returning carers who will share their tips on time management and balancing home and work demands;
- Network and meet other recent returners from around the University over lunch.
The next workshop in Hilary Term will be aimed at professional and support staff members – date to be announced.
To sign up, please provide the following information to email@example.com by 31 October 2016:
- Leave period (e.g. 3 months)
- Reason for leave (e.g. maternity, paternity, parental leave, caring for family member, etc.) This is requested for our monitoring purposes only.
- Any dietary requirements