Making it work: maintaining balance upon returning to work
Equality and Diversity
Monday, 03 December 2018, 10am to 2pm
Room L5 (lower level), Mathematical Institute.
This workshop is being offered across the University to parents/carers who have recently returned to work after a career break. The goal is to provide recent returners with the information, tools, support, and networks they need to ensure a successful and smooth return to work. The workshop will be open to all who have recently returned or will be returning to work after taking a break for caring responsibilities, with a particular focus on those returning to work following a period or periods of parental leave, paternity leave, maternity or adoption leave.
Over the half-day workshop, you will:
* Learn about relevant HR policies and practices, and have your questions answered by an HR team member and the Head of Childcare Services;
* Get an overview of the core skills needed to communicate with confidence and practise some of those skills in a supportive environment;
* Hear from a panel of returning carers (academics, researchers, and professional and support staff) who will share their tips on time management and balancing home and work demands;
* Network and meet other recent returners from around the University over lunch;
* Tea/coffee and lunch will be provided.
To sign up, please email Jennie Challender at email@example.com by 16th November 2018, providing any special dietary requirements.