The Oxford Photonics Committee is pleased to announce that the Oxford Photonics Day 2018 will take place on Wednesday 18th April in the Department of Engineering Science (LR2 and L3).
For the purposes of catering, please go to the following link to register for the event, which is free to attend:
The programme for the event includes:
External Keynote Speakers
- Dr Emma Springate (Artemis Group Leader) Central Laser Facility, Science and Technology Facilities Council (https://www.clf.stfc.ac.uk/Pages/Emma-Springate.aspx)
- Professor Robert Thomson, Department of Physics, Heriot-Watt University (https://www.hw.ac.uk/schools/engineering-physical-sciences/staff/robert-r-thomson.htm)
- Professor David Sampson, Vice-Provost of Research and Innovation, University of Surrey (https://www.surrey.ac.uk/executive-board/david-sampson/index.htm/)
Oxford-based Invited Speakers
- Professor Dirk Aarts, Department of Chemistry
- Professor Simon Hooker Department of Physics
- Professor Philipp Kukura, Department of Chemistry
- Professor Paul Stavrinou, Department of Engineering Science
- Professor Andrew Watt, Department of Materials
Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Research Associates are encouraged to submit abstracts for Poster presentations and, as in previous years, there will be prizes for the top three posters as selected by a panel of independent judges.
Coffee and refreshments will be available from 9 am with the first presentation starting at 9:30 am. Refreshments will be provided throughout the day and the Poster Session will start at around 4 pm. A full programme for the event will follow in due course.
Further information about Oxford Photonics can be found on the website at http://www.photonics.ox.ac.uk/