Abbot’s Kitchen, Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, South Parks Road. Registration from 9-9:30am.
The Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division (MPLS) is pleased to host the Stonewall Allies Programme, a one-day training that gives non-LGBT individuals the opportunity to explore what it means an ally and the space to identify how they are going to create an inclusive environment for everyone.
Through reflecting on the relevance and impact of your identity, you’re able to find achievable ways to step up as an ally. You’ll leave the programme with a concrete plan about what you are going to do, and how.
The programme offers you:
- Insight into what it means to be yourself
- An understanding of what it means to be an ally
- An opportunity to explore and develop inclusive behaviours and approaches
- Practical ways to step up as an ally
- Active listening skills and techniques for having good quality conversations
- Increased motivation and confidence to become a visible and influential ally
- A network of peers from across a range of sectors and communities
For more information, please see this document or visit http://www.stonewall.org.uk/get-involved/get-involved-ind-and-comm/allies-programme
To register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
There are a limited number of places for this programme, and priority will be first given to individuals in EPSRC funded departments and projects due to the EPSRC funding that made this offering possible.