Supporting students with mental health difficulties
Tuesday, 05 December 2017, 12.30pm to 2pm
In the Martin Wood Lecture Theatre Room. Lunch will be provided.
This session, run by the University’s Counselling Service and Disability Advisory Service, is aimed at academics and those in student facing roles to understand how to support students with mental health difficulties most effectively. Some of the topics covered will include:
- Mental health basics: an introduction to the mental health spectrum and the sorts of common difficulties students face
- Responding to mental health concerns: what to do if you are worried about a student’s mental health or wellbeing
- Useful resources: sources of information and advice
- Questions and discussion: an opportunity to share experiences
Please join us for an engaging discussion led by our speakers:
- Katherine Noren-Curtis, Deputy Head of Disability Advisory Service
- Alan Percy, Head of Counselling Service
To sign up, please email email@example.com by 28 November.