Training for Supervisors
Information about training available for supervisors of DPhil students
Information about the training available for DPhil supervisors.
DPhil Supervision at Oxford: Online course
- Key information
- The DPhil life cycle
- Key responsibilities of supervisors
- Establishing an effective working relationship
- Supporting academic writing and feedback provision
- Supporting research students with particular needs
- Students' career development
- Resources and support for supervisors
The course takes an estimated two to three hours to complete and it is recommended that participants take the course over more then one sitting. You can enrol on the course using the link above.
All DPhil supervisors in MPLS departments who are new to DPhil supervision, or new to supervising DPhil students at Oxford, are required to take the course.
Bespoke departmental supervision and practice sharing sessions
Some departments also organise briefing and discussion sessions for their supervisors, which are useful opportunities to update yourself on regulations and processes, and to share practice and discuss experiences. Please contact your Director of Graduate Studies to find out if your department is planning such a session.