Congratulations to those MPLS academics who have been elected Members of Academia Europaea.
Academia Europaea was founded in 1988 and is a European, non-governmental association acting as an Academy. It has just over 3700 members including leading experts from the physical sciences and technology, biological sciences and medicine, mathematics, the letters and humanities, social and cognitive sciences, economics and the law. The object of Academia Europaea is the advancement and propagation of excellence in scholarship in all areas of academia.
The new members are:
- Professor Martin Bridson, Whitehead Professor of Pure Mathematics in the Mathematical Institute
- Professor Roger Davies, Philip Wetton Professor of Astrophysics in the Department of Physics
- Professor James Maynard, Professor of Number Theory in the Mathematical Institute
- Professor Ben Sheldon, Luc Hoffmann Chair in Field Ornithology and Director of the Edward Grey Institute in the Department of Zoology
- Professor Endre Süli, Professor of Numerical Analysis in the Mathematical Institute