In addition to engaging with the enterprise courses offered by MPLS, we encourage all entrepreneurially-curious Oxonians to explore the wide range of programmes, resources and opportunities on offer across and beyond Oxford. There are so many ways to connect, build skills and start something new.
- Tuesday 22 November 5.30pm- MPLS Enterprise and Innovation Fellows are hosting a Quantum Entrepreneurship discussion social with Ramy Shelbaya, CEO and Co-Founder of Oxford University spin-out Quantum Dice in the Simpkins Lee Seminar Room, Beecroft Building, Department of Physics. Click "Going" on the Quantum Entrepreneurship Facebook event for updates.
- Thursday 24 November - upcoming event organised by the MPLS Enterprise and Innovation Fellows: Revolving Doors: Academia-industry flow and return. Challenge the view that researchers have to follow a conventional/narrow trajectory in order to become successful academics! Join us to explore how to restart as a successful academic after taking a break to work in a different environment or to deal with family whilst progressing your research career. More information about Revolving Doors and booking.
- EnSpire Oxford - an Oxford-wide gateway and initiative, helping to connect students, staff and alumni to the entrepreneurial people, places and programmes they need in Oxfordshire and beyond.
Entrepreneur-in-Residence Masterclass series 2022 - The Translational Research Office of MSD have recorded a great on-line series with Nessa Carey, Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence to increase your impact and access to funding, with tools to help you identify and engage with your most appropriate stakeholders. Available free to any researcher in MPLS as well as MSD.
- IDEA (Increasing Diversity in Enterprising Activities) - an initiative from the University of Oxford, designed to tackle some of the key challenges and inequalities faced by groups who are currently vastly underrepresented in enterprise and industry across the world. Courses, programmes, networking and more.
- Ideas 2 Impact - an innovation and enterprise skills initiative held at Saïd Business School, in collaboration with the Entrepreneurship Centre and the MPLS division. The programme is open to postdoctoral researchers and postgraduate students.
- Founders & Funders - a SBS community and digital event series that brings notable alumni and funders in conversation with researchers and executive students at the coalface of science and business.
- The OUI Startup Incubator - offering advice and mentoring, incubator facilities, funding support and more.
- Innovation Forum Oxford - researcher-led group offering courses and an accelerator programme connecting academics, industry experts, clinicians and policy makers.
- Oxford Entrepreneurs student society - the largest student society at Oxford University and the largest free business and entrepreneurship society in Europe with over 10,000 members. The network includes undergraduates, graduates, MBA students, active alumni, and external members.
- Creating Squiggly careers: Check out this TED talk!
- How TransTech's Founder, Angelica Ross, Discovered the Power of Social Entrepreneurship: talk by Trans founder about her journey to social enterprise.