MPLS Head of Research Support; Interim Team Leader for Training and Enterprise
Martin is our Head of Research Support and currently interim Head of Innovation & Business Partnerships.
He is responsible for strategic planning in relation to research funding, research facilitation, research policy, and administration for the MPLS Division, including:
- Research strategy development, including research themes and research partnerships
- Research policy and implementation
- Major external research funding bids
- Overseeing internal research funding
- Research funder relationships
- Strategic planning for other research related areas, including innovation, knowledge exchange, impact, and open access
- Providing support for the Associate Head (Research) and Associate Head (Innovation)
He also oversees strategic activity around research innovation and business and industry partnerships, working closely with the interim Team Lead for Innovation & Business Partnerships, Dr Murray Gardner.