MPLS Impact Awards [Closed]
The annual MPLS Impact Awards aim to foster and raise awareness of impact by rewarding it at a local level, and preparing the ground for the impact case studies that will be needed for future REF and similar exercises. We welcome nomination of researchers at all career stages.
The deadline for applying to the 2020-21 awards was Wednesday, 28 April 2021
Awards are presented at a MPLS event (details to be confirmed), with a pay award of £1,000 (minus taxes) made to the individual.
In 2020-21 there are four categories of award:
- Commercial Impact: To recognise researchers at any career stage for research that has had significant commercial/economic impact since 1 August 2016.
- Social Impact: To recognise researchers at any career stage for research that has had significant social impact since 1 August 2016.
- Early Career Impact: To recognise Early Career Researchers’ independent engagement with external organisations or end-users, as laying the foundations for future impactful research in social or commercial category.
- Public Engagement with Research Impact: To recognise researchers at any career stage who have achieved significant impact since 1 August 2016 through high-quality public engagement with research activities.
MPLS Impact Awards are open to all researchers in Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division. Researchers who have submitted an application for a Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Award/Vice Chancellor’s Public Engagement with Research Award can be nominated. However, projects/researchers that have received either a Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Award or a Vice Chancellor’s Public Engagement with Research Award, or a commendation for either, are not eligible to be nominated for an MPLS Impact Award for the same project, in a similar or related category, unless demonstrably significant progress has been made. Nominations of large research programme teams/consortia are not eligible, however their researchers can be nominated for their individual achievements.
The deadline for applying to the 2020-21 awards was Wednesday, 28 April 2021. This competition is now closed and will not accept new nominations/applications. Any queries should be directed to Anuj Bhatt (Impact and Innovation Officer, MPLS) at email@example.com
Our privacy notice tells you what we are doing with your data and how we will keep it safe. We are processing your data for the purposes listed in the privacy notice only because you have given us consent to do so, by completing and submitting your application form. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 01865 282462 . In this event, we will stop the processing as soon as we can. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal of consent.
Download: MPLS Impact Awards guidance
Download: MPLS Impact Awards Nomination Form
Link to table MPLS Impact Awards winners
- 2021 MPLS Impact Award Winners
- 2020 MPLS Impact Award winners
- 2019 MPLS Impact Award winners
- 2018 MPLS Impact Award winners
- 2017 MPLS Impact Award winners
The deadline for applying to the 2020-21 awards is Wednesday, 28 April 2021.
Any queries should be directed to Anuj Bhatt (Impact and Innovation Officer, MPLS) at email@example.com