Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland Public Engagement and Outreach Grant, deadlines in Feb, March, April, July and August 2024
15 November 2023
Public Engagement - funding
The Council of the Anatomical Society offers up to £500 to support the public engagement and outreach activities of members of the Society in the field of Anatomy.
Launched in June 2018 by the Council of the Anatomical Society, this funding initiative aims to enhance the field of Anatomy by fostering connections between members and the public.
Each grant can be up to £500. The Council awards 10 grants a year.
These grants aim to:
- Ignite curiosity in young and old audiences about the anatomy of humans and animals.
- Stimulate Anatomists to share their stories, passion and expertise in innovative ways with wider audiences, particularly those that are traditionally hard to reach
- Increase dialogue between researchers and the public, in particular on topics such as the animal research and the relevance of such research to health and medicine.
- Support primary, secondary, and tertiary teaching through linking schools with academics experts
- Stimulate an interest in Anatomy and Anatomy teaching.
Grants can provide funding for:
- Resources e.g. printed material, display items
- Speaker and demonstrator expenses e.g. travel and accommodation
- Marketing material/merchandise from the Anat Soc
- Festival stand costs and expenses e.g. travel and accommodation
- Prizes for student events
Grants cannot provide funding for:
- Food and drinks receptions
To be eligible for the Public Engagement and Outreach Grant, applicants must:
- Be members elected to membership by the Council for at least a year.
- Have up-to-date annual membership subscriptions.
- Apply for only one grant award in any given financial year (1st October to 30th September).
There are deadlines throughout the year:
- 1 February 2024
- 7 March 2024
- 18 April 2024
- 9 July 2024
- 29 August 2024