Congratulations to Enriching Engagement Grants Awardees
9 January 2020
Public Engagement - news
The first awardees for the University of Oxford’s Enriching Engagement funding scheme have now been announced. Enriching Engagement is a pilot Wellcome-funded grants programme open to Wellcome grant holders and awardees at the University of Oxford, to develop and deliver Public Engagement with Research projects. (More info about Enriching Engagement).
Round 1 awardees are:
1. Dr. Alex Bullock (PI) and Dr. Ellie Williams (project lead), Development of an SGC Zone within SMASHFest UK: Space Plague escape room project, £10,000.
2. Prof. Derrick Crook (PI) and Dr. Phil Fowler (project lead), Broadening and deepening public participation in BashTheBug.net online citizen science project, £20,429.00.
3. Prof. Deborah Gill (PI) and team, Gene Therapy for lung diseases schools engagement, £5,000.
4. Prof. Patricia Kingori (PI) in partnership with Eloise King, The Shadow Scholars of Global Health documentary, £52,450.65.
5. Prof. Chris Lintott (PI) and Dr. Helen Spiers (project lead), Scribbling for Science in Schools: Taking Authentic Research into Schools with the Zooniverse, £63,743.00.
6. Prof. Shankar Srinivas (PI) and Dr. Tomoko Watanabe (project lead), Dynamic Origins dance project, £29,560.00.
Enriching Engagement’s first funding round closed in September 2019 and made its awards in November. The next round will open in February 2020 and close in May 2020; contact Dr. Hanna Smyth, Public Engagement with Research Grants Officer in Research Services, at email@example.com for more information.
What to read next
2 January 2020
The popular citizen science project, Galaxy Zoo, went super-sized at this year’s Oxford Christmas Light Festival (Friday 15 – Saturday 16 November 2019). Crowds of visitors to the vibrant annual seasonal celebration got a taste of the astronomical by helping researchers describe hundreds of images of galaxies, projected at massive scale onto to the buildings in Bonn Square. Here is a taste of the project.