Microbiology Society - Education and Outreach Grants, deadline 1 April
15 March 2019
Public Engagement - funding
Grants of up to £1,000 are available to support relevant science teaching or promotion initiatives, or to support developments likely to lead to an improvement in the teaching of any aspect of microbiology.
This scheme is open to all levels of membership of the Society.
Up to £1,000 will be awarded to contribute to the expenses of the proposed activity. Activities as part of organisation open days or UCAS days will not be eligible for funding.
Applications are reviewed against the following criteria:
- The project is relevant to microbiology
- The project has clear aims that are realistically achievable in the proposed time frame
- The activity is clearly described and technically feasible
- The project is innovative and/or timely
- There is clear benefit to the target audience
- The applicant, and any support staff, has the required expertise to support the project through to successful completion
- The evaluation methods are adequately described and appropriate
- The project has sustainability
- Full and reasonable costings are given
What to read next
28 February 2019
This funding, previously known as the Provision for Public Engagement, helps Wellcome grantholders engage the public with their research, up to £250,000 is avialable.
28 February 2019
BES actively encourage their members to promote ecological science to a wide audience and offer grants of up to £2,000.
The list of project summaries for this year's PER Seed Fund projects are now available - 12 projects were funded in total, three from MPLS researchers. Take a look, for inspiration and ideas.