MPLS Impact Awards - Nomination Deadline Extended to Thursday 26 May 2022
The annual MPLS Impact Awards aim to foster and raise awareness of impact by rewarding it at a local level, and preparing the ground for the impact case studies that will be needed for future REF and similar exercises. We welcome nomination of researchers at all career stages.
MPLS Impact Awards Call is open. The deadline for applying to the 2021-22 awards is Thursday, 26 May 2022
Awards are presented at a MPLS event (details to be confirmed), with a pay award of £1,000 (minus taxes) made to the individual.
In 2021-22 there are four categories of award:
- Commercial Impact: To recognise researchers at any career stage for research that has had significant commercial/economic impact since 1 August 2017.
- Social Impact: To recognise researchers at any career stage for research that has had significant social impact since 1 August 2017.
- Early Career Impact: To recognise Early Career Researchers’ independent engagement with external organisations or end-users, as laying the foundations for future impactful research in social or commercial category.
- Public Engagement with Research Impact: To recognise researchers at any career stage who have achieved significant impact since 1 August 2017 through high-quality public engagement with research activities.
MPLS Impact Awards are open to all researchers in Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division. Researchers who have submitted an application for a Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Award/Vice Chancellor’s Public Engagement with Research Award can be nominated. However, projects/researchers that have received either a Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Award or a Vice Chancellor’s Public Engagement with Research Award, or a commendation for either, are not eligible to be nominated for an MPLS Impact Award for the same project, in a similar or related category, unless demonstrably significant progress has been made. Nominations of large research programme teams/consortia are not eligible, however their researchers can be nominated for their individual achievements.
The deadline for applying to the 2021-22 awards is Thursday, 26 May 2022. Any queries should be directed to Anuj Bhatt (Impact and Innovation Officer, MPLS) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our privacy notice tells you what we are doing with your data and how we will keep it safe. We are processing your data for the purposes listed in the privacy notice only because you have given us consent to do so, by completing and submitting your application form. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. In this event, we will stop the processing as soon as we can. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal of consent.
- 2021 MPLS Impact Award Winners
- 2020 MPLS Impact Award winners
- 2019 MPLS Impact Award winners
- 2018 MPLS Impact Award winners
- 2017 MPLS Impact Award winners
The deadline for applying to the 2021-22 awards is Thursday, 26 May 2022.
Any queries should be directed to Anuj Bhatt (Impact and Innovation Officer, MPLS) at firstname.lastname@example.org