Pitching for funding (in-person)
Dr Emma Williams
All Communications DPhil students Enterprise Presentation skills Research staff
Thursday, 09 November 2023, 9.30am to 1pm
Hosted by Dr Emma Williams
Those with money need to know about you and why they should place their investment in you and your venture. This may be a pitch for research funds, a pitch in an enterprise competition or a presentation asking for an R&D budget.
Pitching for funding is a skill that is much needed for the next career step.
This interactive course will use your research as a starting point but feel free to come with a business venture idea too.
This course will cover:
- Spoken pitches in variety of settings.
- Written short pitches.
- Networking tips.
- Thinking about your audience.
By the end of this session you will:
- Be familiar with the structure and elements of a pitch.
- Have thought about the different audiences and meeting their needs.
- Be practiced in delivering a variety of pitch elements.
- Have feedback on my pitches and am able to reflect on what I can do to further enhance my performance.
NUMBER OF PLACES
date / time
9th November 2023 | 09.30 - 13.00
Book your place on Pitching for funding by clicking here.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.
B3, C3, D2
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff.