Online and in-person: Skills day – Running Hybrid Events, 7 Dec
15 November 2023
Public Engagement - training
This training from the BIG Network will introduce how to run successful Hybrid events - ones incorporating an in-person and online component, as a great way to retain the accessibility gains from online events while building in the excitement of in-person.
Date: 7 December 2023
Time: 10am to 4pm
Venue: Online and in-person (Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS)
Host: The BIG Network
The BIG Network is hosting this training opportunity on running hybrid events. This skills day will be conducted by experienced professionals, Katie Steckles and Sam Langford, who will share insights into the challenges and successes of managing hybrid events.
The event will cover:
Introduction to Hybrid Events:
- Understanding the importance of hybrid events for accessibility.
- Determining when to use hybrid and when not to.
Technical and Logistical Aspects:
- Managing technology and software for hybrid events.
- Choosing the right hardware and software for optimal effect.
- Exploring cameras and audio setups for the best results.
- Case studies of successful hybrid events.
- Hands-on session with guidance from Katie and Sam.
- Budgeting and logistical advice.
Hybrid Ticket (Online):
- £105 for non-Members (includes BIG Membership)
- £70 for BIG Members
In-Person Ticket (Friends Meeting House, Manchester, lunch and refreshments included):
- £135 for non-Members (includes BIG Membership)
- £100 for BIG Members
What to read next
1 November 2023
FameLab is an international competition on the search for the next best science communicator. The competition is open to early career scientists and engineers, and offers training and great opportunities to develop your skills, connections and profile.
The British Science Association is accepting applications for the 2024 Award Lectures, offering early career scientists the opportunity to engage with diverse audiences, discuss scientific issues, and receive benefits such as a £250 honorarium, free public engagement training, and travel and accommodation for the British Science Festival held in East London, September 2024.