Where to find support for planning and delivering projects, getting funding or just getting your head around public engagement with research.
Lost? Want to test out ideas? Need some guidance? Whatever support you're after, the MPLS PER team can help you, or point you in the right direction.
We are a four person team providing training, support and opportunities to researchers and staff across MPLS (working closely with the Medical Sciences Division):
- Michaela Livingstone-Banks – Public and Community Engagement with Research Manager
- Oliver Moore – Science Engagement Facilitator (Science Together programme)
- Fiona Suttle – Research Communications Officer (Oxford Sparks)
- Rob Key – Research Video Producer (Oxford Sparks)
With academic leadership from our Academic Champion for PER Prof Nick Hawes (Engineering).
We currently run and facilitate the following:
- A termly training programme for researchers and staff in MPLS and MSD. Additionally, provide tailored training for doctoral training programmes, departments, groups, etc., on request.
- Oxford Sparks – the University’s digital science engagement programme. Creating videos - click here for information and submit a proposal (we review these monthly) Creating podcasts - we curate these but if you're interested contact Fiona Jones
- Science Together: Oxford Researchers and Communities - training and funding to connect researchers and community organisations to find innovative solutions to through collaboration.
- Provide one-to-one guidance for researchers integrating PER into research grants and advice for applying to PER schemes, and generally for developing PER activities. Click here to book a slot.
- Collate case studies for high quality and innovative engagement.
- Behind-the-scenes supporting activities, see our strategic plan here, including representing MPLS needs in University-wide and external activities, developments, etc., and providing in-depth guidance to departmental staff.
- Provide regular updates to staff via monthly emails and internal and external funding, awards, training and other opportunities via the PER Latest blog.
No question is too big or too small so don’t hesitate to get in touch with myself or anyone on the team.