Advanced presentation skills
Dr. David Jones
All Communications Confidence DPhil students Presentation skills Research staff
Wednesday, 31 January 2024, 9.30am to 12.30pm
This session is for people who have experience of presentations and want to hone their skills.
- You will learn how to read a group, deal with difficult situations, use humour, match your presentation to the audience, and make an impact.
- You will learn how to get your message across so it is remembered.
- You will learn about timing and when you should deliver key messages.
- You will develop your self-awareness and understand its role in presenting.
By the end of this session you will understand more about:
- How to structure your presentation for impact.
- How your psychological state affects your presentation skills and how you can manage it.
- How to read a group and how to deal with difficult situations.
- How to deliver your presentation with more confidence.
PGRs and Research Staff who have experience of delivering presentations.
NUMBER OF PLACES
date / time
31st Jan 2024 | 09.30 - 12.30
Booking for this course will open at the beginning of Hilary term.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.
D2, D1, D3
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff.