How to peer review journal papers
Dr David Jones
All Research staff Writing skills
Wednesday, 20 March 2024, 2pm to 5pm
The ability to review manuscripts should be a core skill of every research scientist.
By participating in exercises and discussions the attendees will learn how to review manuscripts quickly and effectively.
By the end of this session participants will have:
- Developed an understanding of how the peer review system works.
- Developed an understanding of reveiwers' responsibilities.
- Awareness of what editors expect in a review; critically evaluate a manuscript.
- Developed an understanding of what to include in written comments to editors and authors.
- Developed practical methods for reviewing a manuscript quickly and effectively.
This course is designed for science postdocs and researchers at an early stage of their career who have little or no experience of reviewing manuscripts for journals.
NUMBER OF PLACES
Dr David Jones
20th March 2024 | 14.00 - 17.00
Booking for this course will open at the beginning of Hilary term.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.
A1, A2, A3, B3, D1
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff. See the the following for more details:
The Researcher Development Framework page
The Researcher Training Tool (click on Researcher Development)
Vitae (Vitae is a national organisation dedicated to realising the potential of researchers through supporting their professional and career development.)