Introduction to statistical inference using R
All DPhil students Research Research staff Statistics
Wednesday, 18 January 2023 to Wednesday, 08 March 2023, 2pm - 5pm
This course will provide an introduction to statistical inference and basic commands using R. This is most suitable for complete beginners or those requiring foundational statistics refresher. Topics covered include: hypothesis testing, basic statistical testing procedures, linear regression, base R, and introduction to the tidyverse suite of R packages.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- become more familiar and comfortable with basic statistics and probability concepts
- learn how to conduct rudimentary statistical tests
- understand the different types of data and their connection to the available hypothesis testing techniques
- start becoming familiar with interpretation and reporting of statistical outputs
- be comfortable with base R and able to load libraries, perform simple data wrangling tasks, and plot simple graphics
- be able to perform data wrangling tasks using modern R functionalities.