Stress Reduction Techniques in Research (online)
All DPhil students Research staff
Tuesday, 14 November 2023, 9.30am to 12.30pm
Embarking on the pursuit of new knowledge through doctoral training poses an array of challenges and demands that can often lead to stress. This course addresses these challenges by focusing on enhancing self-care strategies both within and around the research process.
The workshop places particular emphasis on cultivating self-compassion among PhD researchers, providing you with tools to navigate your doctoral journey with resilience.
Through engaging discussions and practical exercises, participants will delve into a variety of topics, including:
- Techniques for mitigating the anxiety that often leads to academic writer's block or procrastination.
- The application of mindfulness practices to academic writing, time management, and planning.
- Alternative approaches for alleviating research-related anxiety.
- Stress-reduction techniques applicable throughout the research process, such as effective note-taking during early-stage research and in various contexts.
Join us to foster a positive mindset, develop essential coping mechanisms, and unlock the potential for a more balanced and fulfilling doctoral experience. By the end of this course, you'll possess a comprehensive toolkit to not only manage stress but also thrive in your academic journey.
Upon completion of this course students will have an enhanced confidence in:
- Reducing anxiety around the research process.
- Time management.
- Building resilience.
- Self-care around and within the research process.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
NUMBER OF PLACES
14th November 2023 | 09.30 - 12.30
To book your place on Stress Reduction Techniques please click here.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.